Welcome to Merchant City & Trongate Community Council (MCTCC) – your Community Council, at the heart of Glasgow, and a warm welcome to our new website, whether this is your first visit or you’re a regular visitor. We hope you find something of interest – as well as the latest news affecting our community, we have links to COVID-19 resources, a local services directory and a gallery showcasing the Merchant City & Trongate areas of Glasgow.
- COVID-19 Resources updated20 May 2020 – we have added further resources to our Covid-19 page, including Scottish Community Development Centre – Advice for community groups, organisations and volunteer networks fighting Covid-19Supporting Communities Safely | SCDC – We believe communities matter COPE Phone Support Young People and Coronavirus North West Youth Health – Home | Facebook
- New Associate Community Councillor19 May 2020 – MCTCC are delighted to welcome Megan Rooney as an Associate Community Councillor. Megan is a keen gardener and looks forward to involving herself in the issues affecting our community in the Merchant City and Trongate. Welcome Megan!
- Buses to Hospitals – updated 18 May 2020The attached list shows bus links serving NHS Hospitals in the Greater Glasgow & Clyde as of Wednesday 13th May. MCTCC cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Always check with the service provider before making a journey. Bus companies The following companies currently offer services from the city centre to hospitals around […]
- Community Council Meeting 26 May 2020 @ 7pm – AgendaAll residents of the Merchant City & Trongate area are invited to join us for our May Community Council meeting on Tuesday 26th May at 7pm. The meeting will be held online (on your computer, tablet, smartphone or telephone. Please contact us to request the registration link. Please review our guide to Zoom meetings before […]
- NHSGCC – From the Heart12 May 2020 – Losing a loved one can be one of the most difficult times in someone’s life. At this challenging time when COVID-19 is affecting so many people we are looking at ways our nursing and midwifery staff can support families following the death of their loved one. A small token may bring them some […]
Latest Planning News
- Changes to Pre-Application Consultations during COVID-19 pandemicDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Scottish Government has announced legislative changes to pre-application consultation (PAC) requirements and provides guidance on online alternatives to holding a physical public event as part of PAC. The latest information is always available from the Scottish Government website. A copy of the guidance can be downloaded below.
- 20/00822/FUL – Jocelyn Square, renewal of planning permission (Comments re-opened)Proposed erection of student accommodation with associated car parking, servicing and landscaping – renewal of planning permission 16/02539/DC. This is an application to renew consent given by Glasgow City Council in 2016, and should be considered alongside 20/00539/FUL – Jocelyn Square Location Site At Bridgegate/St Margarets Place/Mart Street/ Jocelyn Square Glasgow Making Comments Comments must […]
- 20/00539/FUL – Jocelyn Square – Proposed change of original consent (Comments re-opened)Change to the proposed erection of student accommodation to include a roof terrace and amend the car/cycle parking arrangements. Application under Section 42 to vary Conditions 1 and 20 of consent 16/02539/DC to form a roof terrace and amend the car/ cycle parking arrangements Location Site At Bridgegate/St Margarets Place/Mart Street/ Jocelyn Square Glasgow Making […]
Community Council News
- Community Council Meeting 26 May 2020 @ 7pm – AgendaAll residents of the Merchant City & Trongate area are invited to join us for our May Community Council meeting on Tuesday 26th May at 7pm. The meeting will be held online (on your computer, tablet, smartphone or telephone. Please contact us to request the registration link. Please review our guide to Zoom meetings before joining. Agenda Welcome by Chair […]
- Meeting Minutes – 31 March 2020Update on Jocelyn Square Development | Police Report | Merchant City Community Park
- Agenda – Community Council Meeting 26 May 2020 @ 7pmAll residents of the Merchant City & Trongate area are invited to attend the Community Council meeting on Tuesday 26th May at 7pm. The meeting is being held online. To request registration details, please contact us. Agenda Welcome by Chair Apologies Minutes of the last meeting (5 minutes) and approval Matters arising not on the agenda Report from the Treasurer […]
- Meeting Minutes – 25 February 2020Presentation on proposed redevelopment of Jocelyn Square | Merchant City Park Update | MCTCC Website and Social Media Presence
- Meeting Minutes – 28 January 2020DRUM: Candleriggs Square Development | Defibrillator update