The information on this page is provided as a service to the community, based on articles we receive. Please contact the providers directly with any questions, as MCTCC is unable to advise. Where possible, we’ve given contact information.
Glasgow City Council
Glasgow City Council have updated their website with extensive information about service changes due to the current situation:
Glasgow Mutual Aid
Health and Wellbeing
- Buses to Hospitals – updated 21 JuneAn updated list of buses to hospitals is available for download below. This has been prepared by SPT, and is provided by MCTCC on an as-is basis; we are not responsible for the accuracy of the content. As ever, the best place for the most current information on public transport is www.travelinescotland.com. We would encourage prospective […]
- COPEScotland – Latest Blog3 June 2020 – COPEScotland have published Issue 5 of their Whit’s Happening newsletter. A copy can be downloaded below, and should be on their blog soon.
- GP Out-of-Hours service moves to appointment only as part of urgent primary care enhancements1 June 2020 – As part of a planned series of improvements to urgent primary care services, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde has introduced a new appointments system within its GP out-of-hours service on a permanent basis. The new arrangement will help create a more robust, reliable and sustainable service by reducing waiting times, enabling […]
- COVID-19 Resources updated20 May 2020 – we have added further resources to our Covid-19 page, including Scottish Community Development Centre – Advice for community groups, organisations and volunteer networks fighting Covid-19Supporting Communities Safely | SCDC – We believe communities matter COPE Phone Support Young People and Coronavirus North West Youth Health – Home | Facebook
- COVID-19 Resources available for young people20 May 2020 – Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership have published a new resource booklet for young people. A copy is attached here, but please check their Facebook page for the latest information.
Scottish Government COVID-19 Resources
Social Security Scotland
Best Start Grant Pregnancy and Baby Payment has been extended:
- If you’re unable to apply for Pregnancy and Baby Payment due to COVID-19 @SocSecScot are now accepting applications up until your baby turns one. If you’re a kinship carer this has been extended to one year and six months old
- Parents or carers under the age of 18 are automatically entitled to Best Start Grant Pregnancy and Baby Payment. People could still be eligible after their 18th birthday if Covid-19 meant that they couldn’t get their application in on time.
- If you were unable to apply for Best Start Grant Early Learning Payment due to COVID-19 @scotgov are extending eligibility up until your child’s 4th Birthday.
- Parents or carers under the age of 18 are automatically entitled to Best Start Grant School Age Payment. People could still be eligible after their 18th birthday if Covid-19 meant that they couldn’t get their application in on time.
.@SocSecScot are now accepting applications from young carers who were eligible for Young Carer Grant but unable to apply for it before turning 19 due to COVID-19.
Find out more about the grant and apply here: mygov.scot/young-carer-grant
Funeral Support Payment
Applications for Funeral Support Payment can be made up to six months after the funeral has taken place. But if you miss this deadline due to COVID-19 @SocSecScot will still consider applications.
For more information and to apply visit mygov.scot/funeral-support-payment/
Supporting Communities Safely – Scottish Community Development Centre
Advice for community groups, organisations and volunteer networks fighting Covid-19 – https://www.scdc.org.uk/supporting-communities-safely
Websites and Helplines
COPE Scotland has been caring about the mental health and wellbeing of people since 1991. They are based in Scotland and through their website, we are able to share what we have learned about stress, mental health, emotional health and distress and wellbeing.
Their website aims to offer a variety of self-help tools promoting improved mental health, emotional health, resilience and tools to manage stress and enhance feelings of wellbeing including; tips sheets for managing stress and emotional distress and promoting mental health and wellbeing. We produce videos on mental health videos, managing stress videos and online wellbeing training courses which you can use on your own or in your organisation.
Wee steps to lift your mood